A global campaign to reach new communities and partners
Around the world, people who are united by the call to action launched at the first World Day for Overcoming Poverty, that “Wherever men and women are condemned to live in poverty, human rights are violated. To come together to ensure those rights be respected is our solemn duty,” are preparing a global campaign in 2017 which will include:
- Telling a diversity of stories: Compiling and making known the many stories that show that when we work together poverty and social exclusion can be overcome, which builds peace.
- Joining our voices together: To celebrate the courage and efforts of people living in poverty throughout history, we will feature their songs of resistance and hope in shows and concerts
- Spreading a call to action in the context of the newly adopted Agenda 2030 with the support of a wide range of people and organizations: What can we do to leave no one behind?
- Conferences and seminars: Imagining, alongside those in poverty, a society without poverty.
- From October 14 to 17, 2017, a simultaneous events around the world, including at the headquarters of the United Nations, broadcast on many radio stations, on television, and on the internet, letting those who resist poverty in their daily lives be heard.
The official campaign website will launch in February, 2017, and events will be organized throughout the year. In the mean time, though the campaign has not yet officially launched, you may already reach out to get involved:
- Click here to download an overview of the campaign.
- Click here to download more information about how to share stories of success.
- Click here to learn about how your choir or musical group can get involved in the campaign.
Please contact us at with any questions, comments, or concerns.