|Central African Republic||
|Democratic Republic of Congo|
ATD Fourth World in Africa
Teams and local groups are present in several countries across the African continent and, through the Forum on Overcoming Poverty, we maintain partnerships with national NGOs (non-governmental organizations) in thirty African countries.
Over the years, our ATD Fourth World Africa regional team has developed different approaches to the fight against poverty. Varying according to the country and partnerships, they include:
- Access to knowledge and culture;
- Knowledge and the defense of human rights;
- Reaching out to young people living on the street with their families and communities;
- Engaging with the general public to support the participation of people in poverty in the social, cultural, and economic life of their community;
- Education for peace with Tapori, children and adults, particularly in areas of reconciliation after conflict;
- Training for public speaking at local and international events, at conferences, or as part of the World Day for Overcoming Poverty.
All these actions include the participation of people or families in extreme poverty, allowing them to contribute to the development of their communities. All our projects aim to benefit everyone, with people living in poverty recognized as actors in the fight to end poverty. Their work with the community is a cause for pride for their own children, who realize in turn that there is nothing inevitable about poverty.