Information for Potential Donors
Thank you for considering a donation to support ATD Fourth World’s mission of eradicating extreme poverty. Your contribution will make a significant impact on the lives of individuals and communities facing extreme poverty around the world.
Transformative outcomes, thanks to your donations
- Reaching the Hardest to Reach: Many target-led services fail to reach the most disadvantaged people. ATD Fourth World believes that families and individuals who have the most difficult lives hold the key to understanding and overcoming persistent poverty. Thanks to support from donors, we offer the most vulnerable and excluded families in crisis the time, space, and resources needed to build upon their strengths, develop their support networks, and access public services in their community. This lifeline during difficult times fosters a sense of dignity and hope.
- Education and Empowerment: With your support, ATD Fourth World runs informal community-based education programs that empower children in poverty to unleash their hidden potential and acquire knowledge and skills. By enabling access to education in marginalized communities, you can contribute to breaking the cycle of poverty and empowering individuals to create a better future for themselves and their families.
- Advocacy and Policy Influence: ATD Fourth World actively advocates for the human rights of individuals experiencing poverty and works to influence policy decisions at local, national, and international levels. By donating, you can support these advocacy efforts, including research, campaigns, and awareness-raising initiatives. Your contribution can help amplify the voices of those living in poverty, challenging policies and systems that perpetuate poverty and discrimination, and improving the design and efficiency of anti-poverty projects.
- Sustainable Development: Your donation can also help fund sustainable development projects taken on by impoverished communities, which can be very powerful for overcoming poverty. In Senegal, for instance, community members in Dakar work together in the rainy season to prevent their area from flooding. In the dry season, they work together making soaps that bring in a small revenue. The results are not just economic, but social as well. Building a people-friendly and earth-centered economic vision is one of the key priorities to creating sustainable and resilient communities, improving living conditions and enhancing the well-being of vulnerable populations.
- Inclusive Governance: ATD Fourth World knows that top-down projects can be misguided because they lack insight into the harsh realities of extreme poverty. The approach that your donation can support is one of in-depth collaboration among ATD Fourth World’s International Volunteer Corps, individuals living in persistent poverty, allies and supporters. To create lasting change, all are encouraged to get involved in every aspect of our work, from project planning to evaluation, from fundraising to campaigning, from administration to governance.